Second Step At Home Instruction
Parents will need to create an account by doing the following:
- Go to www.secondstep.org
- Click Log in or Create Account on top right corner of page
- Register as a parent and select your child’s school
- Enter the activation code for your child´s grade level (if you do not have the parent code you need, please contact Mrs. DeGrezia via email at email@example.com)
- If you have multiple children you can add their activation code to your account as well once you are on the Dashboard (see next step)
- Once you are logged into your child’s grade you will be able to access some supplemental resources that are from the Second Step program by selecting “My Account” and then “My Dashboard”
- Grade level options should be listed and you can click on “resources” - this is where you can access Brain Builders, Home Links, Book Lists, Song Lyrics and more.
Resources to Implement Social-Emotional Learning at Home
The following apps/websites have several resources for kids of all ages:
Mind Yeti - www.mindyeti.com
Confident Parents, Confident Kids - https://confidentparentsconfidentkids.org/
Parent Toolkit - http://www.parenttoolkit.com/
Parachute app- a user-friendly, research-backed parenting app that provides easy access to solutions for common parenting challenges
Emotional ABCs - https://www.emotionalabcs.com/
Committee for Children - https://www.cfchildren.org/
Edutopia - https://www.edutopia.org/
Stop, Breathe, and Think: meditation app (a kids and adult version available); can also be accessed via Alexa device.
Headspace: an app that teaches you how to meditate
Smiling Mind: Meditations to use with children ages 7-12, teens, and adults
Here are some quick, feel good, daily activities for you and your children from the Action for Happiness website!