INCOMING KINDERGARTEN NEXT STEPS:
Dear Incoming Kindergarten Families,
Thank you for attending our first Virtual Kindergarten Orientation on Tuesday, June 2. We hope you found the sessions informative & reassuring. If you were unable to attend, please let us know via email and we will arrange for you to view a copy of our presentation.
As mentioned during the orientation, here are the two next steps:
- Schedule a kindergarten readiness check-in with your child.
- Click here to select a preferred date and time. We will do our best to accommodate your requested time slot.
- Please complete this form by Friday, June 5.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your scheduled date, time and Google Meet link.
- This check-in is an opportunity for your child to make a positive, personal connection with a member of our team, as well as to provide us with information so we can best plan for September. Your child will be asked a few questions about letters, numbers, shapes and colors.
- There is no need to prepare your child for this check-in; all questions asked are content your children will learn in Kindergarten. This is an opportunity for them to show us what they know at this time.
- We understand that your kindergartener will need assistance logging into the Google Meet. If your child looks to you for help when responding to a prompt, please encourage them to answer on their own.
- While our teachers are always happy to answer questions, they will have a full schedule of check-ins when they meet with your child. We ask that you refrain from asking any general questions during this time slot. We value your questions and invite you to email any member of our team so we may answer them.
- Complete the Parent Survey
- You know your child best! Please fill out the information to help us get to know your kindergartner better. Thank you!
- Please complete the survey by Wednesday, June 10.
- Parent Survey Link
Registration for new students, as well as returning NM students, will take place at the end of July. Please check back at that time to register your child. In the meantime, you may contact your child's school with any specific questions.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-21 school year has started. Please call your child's school to schedule your appointment and click below for the online form to register your child for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please note: Kindergarten registrants must be 5 years of age on or by Oct 1st, 2020.
ClICK HERE to register your child for the 2020-2021 School Year.
CLICK HERE to view 2020-21 Kindergarten Registration Flyer.
CLICK HERE to view instructions if your child is currently enrolled in New Milford's preschool this year.
CLICK HERE If you are NEW to our district for the 2019-20 school year. (NOTE: this is NOT the link for Kindergarten Registration 2020-2021.)
CLICK HERE If you are a Returning Student for the 2019-20 school year.
- To begin as a Returning Student, you will need your student's snapcode, which you should have received via email. If you did not receive it, please contact your child's school.
- If you have already entered the snapcode and created an account, click on the link Continue Your Work. Sign in and complete your form.